Wednesday, March 21, 2012

2.5k!!!

Running a full 2.5k and completing that mini-goal came about very quickly! I thought it would take me at least another week or two. D and I went running, and instead of feeling ready to collapse, SMB in full swing and begging for a break at the 1.5k mark, I was feeling really good. I gave the thumbs up to D, and we continued our run for the last kilometer. What an amazing feeling! We hugged, high tenned, slapped each other's butt and stretched briefly before walking back.

D, being taller with longer legs and what with him being a man and all, could run faster and harder than the pace I'm setting. But being the nice guy he is, he runs at my speed and waits for me when I lag behind with an encouraging word and a donk pat. Having a supportive partner makes running fun, and I'm lucky to have him.

Next running mini-goal: 3.5k!

I'm hoping to be able to run a full 5k within a couple of weeks. With the amount of progress in such a short amount of time, it can happen. Most likely around the time when I get these babies:



Sweeeet

In other news, no major weight loss yet. I thought I lost about 2 lbs, but when I weighed myself again a couple of days later, it was back. I think my body played a practical joke on me, getting its revenge for all those salads and vegetables I've force fed it. I plan on continuing my exercise and diet plan though, so hopefully I'll start seeing results soon. Then we'll see who's the butt of the joke. Mwahahaa!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome progress! Just keep at it...the weight will come off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, excellent, excellent! Very proud of you and the determination you display to keep progressing. BTW, I think your donk comes from my side of the family. I humbly apologize.

    ReplyDelete