Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jiggly Wiggly

February hit me in the face with a baguette sledgehammer. The relief of escaping the holidays unscathed was met with a slow metamorphosis into a Banana Slug where I could go for two days without moving. My body paid me back with a nice surprise when I weighed myself last week: +8 lbs.

Holy crap.

Some people might say, "What's the big deal? It's only 8 lbs. I can lose that on a strict water and bile diet." Well, my response to you is to STFU. I enjoy eating, as was evidenced through my giant binging phase I like to call my teenage years, which led to me weighing my heaviest at 245 lbs. Over the past two years, I've lost 80 lbs, bringing me into a comfy plateau zone my body frustratingly decided to stay put at and I wasn't prepared for a rebuttal. So a nearly 10 lbs weight increase will cause me to go into a spastic freak out and curse all those Snickers and McDonald's french fries for their demonic deliciousness and 'forever on the hips' calories that I devoured. Oh, and also curse my stupid willpower that apparently went on vacation for a month and did not tell me.

With the very strong desire of wearing a bikini for the first time in my life in the near future and not have anything extraneous jiggling while I walk around in said bikini, followed by the desire of not wanting to scare people while wearing the bikini, I started myself on a stricter diet and exercise plan last week. The idea of writing a blog and writing out food plans, recipes and exercise will help keep me on track and *hopefully* out of McDonald's evil, evil grasp.

Goals

  • Walk/run 5k a day and eventually be able to run the entire time. With my donk constantly jiggling as I run, this will serve as a huge ass reminder.
  •  Eat healthier foods and stick to my wheat free diet. Try to eat at least one serving fruit and vegetable with every meal. With spring around the corner, this shouldn't be too difficult. Just need to remind myself Pommes are not a vegetable. Neither is Pizza.
  • Go on a long or challenging hike once a week and enjoy the best of Bavaria with my special someone.
  • Limit alcohol intake to once a week and caffeine to one espresso. These will be tough because I've grown a fondness to drinking and I work in a cafe.
If nobody hears from me, assume my stomach ate itself and is slowly digesting the rest of my body. But hopefully, if I stick with it, there will be some great results.

1 comment: